July 4th, 2012 10:43am - Posted By: Kara
It’s that time of year when we celebrate freedom – and to keep with the theme we want to encourage everyone to free themselves from pain – and that usually starts with the feet!
We offer a great selection of footwear that is supportive, functional – and yes, even a little fashionable. And sometime that is all one needs to wear to enjoy walking, hiking and just strolling around Taos.
However, sometimes we may need to enhance footwear with either an orthotic or some sort of modification to either support our body or alleviate pain.
We are Taos’ Orthotic Facility and continue to use the same lab for custom orthotics as in the past. These are terrific; a foam impression is made of your foot and then a plaster mold is cast, and finally you get your orthotic. This is great for the person who has severe pain either in the foot or needs help in the alignment of knees, hips, and back. While these customer orthotics work in athletic and hiking shoes, they often do not fit in loafers or women’s fashion shoes.
Over the years, we have found that many people who have minor issues with their feet can find relief with an OTC (over the counter) orthotic. OTC orthotics offer extra support and cushion without the major investment of custom orthotics. This is a big advantage and most people find they can afford several pairs to put into a variety of shoes.
The Pedorthic Footwear Association held its annual meeting last November in Albuquerque. The main buzz among the seasoned pedorthists and shoe fitting experts attending was the advantage of the new heat -moldable custom orthotics.
These are innovative insoles that bring you most of the benefits of custom orthotics at a very affordable price. At The Good Sole we are pleased to introduce the Footbalance system which offers a complete foot analysis and custom molded insoles on the same day.. Each insole is individually custom molded for each foot, to ensure perfect fit and support no matter your arch type, foot shape or differences between the left and right foot. Your insoles are available for use immediately. If you need extra support under the ball of the foot, it can be added just for you.
So, whether you overpronate, supinate, suffer from Plantar Fasciitis or pain in the ball of the foot, give us a call to schedule an appointment. Our trained staff will be glad to walk you through the various options available and zero in on the best one for you and your feet!
Here is a preview of what happens to create your heat-moldable orthotics:
1. Your arches are analyzed with the use of a podoscope
2. Pictures are taken of your ankles to analyze your alignment with the help of a computer.
3. You stand on heated, unmolded insoles that have been positioned on the molding pillows.
4. Our expert s expertly molds each of the heated insoles to fit your feet perfectly while maintaining correct alignment.
5. Once the insoles have been individually molded, the Footbalance expert ensures that the insoles confirm to the natural arch of each foot.
6. The insoles may be trimmed to fit your footwear if needed
7. Your new 100% customized Footbalance insoles are ready for use. The entire process takes only minutes, which is not a lot of time to spend on the welfare of your feet!
See you soon! Happy 4th of July!
Posted in: Foot Health, Toes